Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What does your working area look like?

Post My workspace is my shop at work

Basically my shop is 3600 sq.ft. with Xante Illumina Digital Color Press, EnCad Novajet 880 large format color printer, SEAL 400 D large laminator, Oce 36" B/W Scanner, Scanmaker 9600XL 12 x 18 flatbed color scanner, hi-speed laser printer, thermal transfer printer, 15" vinyl cutter, Kip 3000 36" large format B/W laser printer and a blueprint machine. 5 PCs networked.

I am understaffed and overworked, so since I'm my own cleaning crew, it basically looks like Loki started Ragnarok early... so no pics

Quote Originally Posted by pyrandon View Post
    Here's my workspace,
    Desk right in front of the window... how's the view?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Basically my shop is 3600 sq.ft.
    My first job was in a repographics shop. I setup their network and ran their plotting department. Those were the good ol' days. I was able to make full scale maps on the inkjet plotters for $2.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Note the three monitors, two of which are wide screen...the A-10 tank killer model...the ukelele, two keyboards, two mice, wacom tablet (soon to be replaced by a wacom cintiq...look it up), the flight controls (joystick/throttle) the $12,000 computer (including software) from Boxx Technologies (look them up), the bottle of red wine, and all the other carious geek toys haphazardly spread around the desk.
    So I'm guessing the gal in the clock/picture frame is your SO, and the doggie is named...?
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I want to know what Bill did to Arcana to get fired
    ROFLMAO!!!! I had to go look again. Very funny!
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think I get the Bill comment.

As for the clock pic...yes, thats my wife Jenny, and the dog is Lakota.

I REALLY wanna see the pics of the great print room GP.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

My work area is my thumb drive, and my computer at work, my laptop or my PC at home. My home PC has the most horsepower, but I end up using it the least.

I don't think I get the Bill comment.

As for the clock pic...yes, thats my wife Jenny, and the dog is Lakota.

Second pic, look above the wall of your partition at the wall behind it...

Quote Originally Posted by landorl View Post
    My work area is my thumb drive, and my computer at work, my laptop or my PC at home. My home PC has the most horsepower, but I end up using it the least.
    That sounds like my work environment to a 'T'.

Post I was about to take pics, but my batteries are dead...

I was gonna do it, reached for my digital camera, but the batteries are dead.

I'll definitely take pics of my "ragnarok" shop for you, but post on Monday...

This was an interesting thread indeed!

Here are a couple of shots of my workspace.

The first one shows the desk area with 3 TFT monitors. The one in the center is a 30” Samsung, the best thing I have ever bought to my computer. The one to the right is a 22” hooked up to my second computer used for rendering download etc. The small one to the left is a 10” touch-screen mostly used in games and flightsims with the touch-buddy application. I use multiplicity to control 3 computers with one keyboard/mouse.

The second picture is there to show that I’m almost on equal terms with you nerds and flying nuts. I have a HOTAS cougar (EvenStrain modified) setup with pedals, and a TrackIR. Falcon4 looks good on a 30” screen

My computers are DIY home builds with as much power I could get my hands on a year ago when I built my main machine.

Anna
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myworkspace1.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	242.6 KB 
ID:	657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	myworkspace2.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	270.9 KB 
ID:	658  

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast