Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: What does your working area look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I don't believe I ever posted anything to this thread, but my camera happened to be sitting by the desk today, so I snapped some pics. You can see my graphic design final project on the easel--that's a robotic snowplow meant to be in the style of The 5th Element. It's done in marker.
    Man, that is one cool easle....can't say I've ever seen one like it!

Teeheee. What a great thread. I've been reading through it off and on since it started and figured I'd throw my three cents in. I don't have a picture of my working area, but I can describe it . . . as a complete disaster.

Imagine, if you will, a make-shift desk crafted of 1 inch plywood and 2x4s, atop of which sits a semi-outdated (more than six months old) computer with one of those fine, old-school 17 inch monitors and speakers. Joining that are any number of empty AMP cans (yes, I am a caffeine addict), a coffee cup or two and (another of my bad habits) an ashtray full of half-smoked cigarettes. Oh, and let's not forget the small fan for those rare days when it actually gets too warm around the system.

Of course, there is a bookshelf full of fantasy, sci-fi, Peanuts and magazines and a printer buried somewhere beneath all the little notes I've compiled in the process of converting maps from hand-drawn to digital format and working on various stories/novels.

And all of this against the background of an undecorated flat-white wall.

Yes indeed, bachelor life does have its benefits.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterook View Post
    Man, that is one cool easle....can't say I've ever seen one like it!
    It is, indeed, quite nice. However, we needed that space for storage, so my wife dismantled it so she could install some shelves (in violation of our lease). She hasn't done any oil painting since we arrived in Denver, though, so the only thing the easel was doing was taking up space and displaying whatever piece of work we'd recently finished but not put into storage yet.

I'm looking forward to the day when we have a house again--this one bedroom apartment is just too cramped for two artists.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567