Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NaNoWriMo

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Anybody got a map they'd like explored for 50,000 words or more? That might be just the thing to inspire me.
    If you're into scifi, my Venus and Ceres maps are ready for action. (see my sig)
    The storyworld is here: http://lattice.mysteryandmagic.com
    I would also serialize your novel in my pub, Wayfarer, at a whopping 0 cents per word but free author's copies to you. And you retain all rights to your story and characters (the storyworld is mine, though). Plus you'd get the gratification of all 3 of my subscribers reading your fiction!

My serial, "Dark Vision" (now past 1/4m words), has visited both of those planets. That was my excuse for making those maps.

The Ceres chapters (and some otehrs) are here: http://links.mysteryandmagic.com/Dark_Vision/

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    Also, I haven't decided what to write yet. Anybody got a map they'd like explored for 50,000 words or more? That might be just the thing to inspire me.
    Look around in the finished maps forum. If you see something that catches your eye send the author a PM.

I'll offer up any of mine if they happen to 'catch your fancy'...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

With random I didn't just mean random this and random that...
    Rather... random plot... as in, just pick something you like that just popped to mind.............
    Thought that was obvious =\

Well, I was more or less referring to random plots. My attempts to write random plots that came to mind crashed and burned quickly, because I didn't care about them. =(

On that note, how's it going, fellow Nanoers?

I ended up picking a random novel topic from a list of possibles. Off to a bit of a slow start, because I do have some background materials I need to get straight and am making a timeline to keep things in order, but still a better start than last year, when I couldn't work on it at all the first two days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post

On that note, how's it going, fellow Nanoers?
    Well I see that for you it's going pretty well. Over halfway to your word count after two days? That's insane. :S

I managed about 3k words on the first day but yesterday I had hardly any time so I just did enough to keep myself above the required total for the two days.
    I admit I am struggling though. My idea was to rewrite a story started about ten or so years ago (I have about 40k words done on it) but like an idiot, a day before NaNo started I found myself browsing over some of the old documents I had written and it's kind of tainted my perception of what I was going to do. My problem is, I kind of like the stuff I already have. It's rough and needs expanding/revising but it's not that bad that it needs a total rewrite. So now I find myself doing something which I perceive to be a waste of time.
    So I might change tactics and actually try and write the rest of the story instead. 50k on top of what I already have would make a novel-length story that might actually get finished instead of one half of a story that would probably get left to one side again.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

i actually switched from my fantasy novel to a light hearted sci fi romp - like douglas adams for kids or terry pratchet sci fi...

the writing is coming a lot more easily now that is is silly

phil

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    So I might change tactics and actually try and write the rest of the story instead. 50k on top of what I already have would make a novel-length story that might actually get finished instead of one half of a story that would probably get left to one side again.
    Sounds like a plan! I'd recommend it myself, moving forward always seems to keep the Nano pace better than having to think about it being, y'know, good. >_> And I'm sure you'd be satisfied with having a finished story! And a three thousand word first day is good! It's still a buffer!

As for my wordcount... er... it's quantity, not quality. I'm not happy at all with the story so I'm just jamming through it at an unhuman speed. So far I've made my personal word war goal (over 1667 in 15 minutes in a word war) and have not made my day goal (over 20k). I have no idea where all the words are coming from, because I hate this story, can't get into it... yet, man alive, it's sure coming out fast.

I did silly my first year, Philip. It is easier, isn't it? Terry Pratchett's stuff is awesome, anyway, and the sci-fi genre could certainly use more like that! ^_^

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123