I was just wondering if any of the many would-be-writers were considering doing NaNoWriMo this year? Or maybe have done it previous years?

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

For anyone who doesn't know, NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is a sorta competition/incentive to write a novel (or part of a novel) in one month. You have all November to write 50,000 words. If you pass that milestone then you can consider yourself a "winner." There are no prizes other than the satisfaction you will have for having accomplised the feat.
Anyone can enter.

I've decided that this year I'm going to have a bash at it. I've registered and I have a plotline from a story I once started to write and then gave up on, despite it being the most fully realised plot I had ever come up with (normally I get a beginning and an end and struggle with the middle but this story came with it all).
I'm hoping that the contest will hit me over the head with the fact that I don't need to constantly go back and rewrite/edit what I have already done and that getting it all down on paper and THEN going back can be a useful way to do things.

So... anyone else already signed up? Or going to?