Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your favourite map

Post Your favourite map

Here is mine, which was a wedding present from my wife, Felicity. It has many resonances. It is of the East Indies and was drawn in the 1880s by an English Solicitor, John Blair.

This was very apt as I was born in Malaysia and am now an English Solicitor (although not born in the 1800s).

The map is an original, so I shudder to think how much she paid for it - she still won't tell me.

Apologies for the flash on the glass, but it was a spur of the moment thing.

Ravs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP1188.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	601  

What is an English Solicitor? To us Americans that means, salesperson/marketer.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

What a coincidence. I'm a South African Advocate (the English might say "Barrister"), but I'm not above a little soliciting every now and then.

Very nice idea for a thread, but is it limted to maps that you own? Can it be your favourite map from literature etc?
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

If you ever played MERP(Middle Earth Role Playing), you will see my favorite maps. The maps produced for that game were some of my favorites ever. I found that I could just sit there and stare at them and find myself wondering "what's in that valley, or over that hill, or in that ruins...etc." Unfortunately that game system died in the 90s, and no more of those great maps are to be made.

I believe that the artist was Pete Fenlon, and he did a great job!

Guild Journeyer

This is probably my favorite map that I've done.

I agree landorl. Those Middle Earth maps were my favourite. I had delayed posting in this thread because I couldn't remember the artist's name. Pete Fenlon sounds right. I have several of them, but no scanner. May be a copyright issue too.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

I think my favorite map of all time would have to be Tolkien's map of Middle Earth:

http://files.meetup.com/238907/middl...0wallpaper.jpg

It was my first exposure to fantasy maps more years ago now than I wish to count.

Another favorite was the 3D perspective rendering of Castle Ravenloft from the classic I6 AD&D module.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast