Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paizo Call for an Author/Cartographer....

Post Paizo Call for an Author/Cartographer....

Hmm, this looks interesting. James Jacobs of Paizo Publishing put out the following call for a an author/urban planner/cartographer on 10/22/09:

IN RELATED NEWS!

If you are a game designer who:

1) Is a great writer who has creative ideas AND a strong grasp of grammar and spelling...
    2) Can draw clear and crisp maps of cities that will impress the editor with your artistry...
    3) Have a professional level of knowledge about city planning and urban lore...
    4) Can hit deadlines...

Please please PLEASE shoot me an email with proof of your skills!

This isn't an open call or anything, just a semi-desperate stab in the dark at a mythical author with three skill sets that I am not convinced ever existed at once in the same human body.

The post came from this thread on the Paizo Messageboards: http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards...fWestcrownsMap

There are a few folks on these boards who might be able to fit the bill. If you are a cartographer, have skills and are looking for professional level work, give it a shot. Good luck...

Post Not all four for me

Ah, in #2, 3, and 4 - I think I qualify, but #1 while I have a grasp, I can't seem to hold too tightly - I make plenty of spelling and grammer errors!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I make plenty of spelling and grammer errors!

GP
    Hehe. Indeed.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I think, that...your're speling is jist fyne -- gramer two.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Too bad I don't qualify...I'm just up the road really.

I got a chance to meet many of the Paizo people at PaizoCon in June and it was great.I don't know what it's like to actually work there but they are about the best bunch of people I've ever met in any industry and all of the Paizo employees and freelancers I've ever spoken to seem happy as clams.

So, in other words, Paizo has my unqualified (and unqualified...meaning that I don't *really* know jack) endorsement as an employer.
    M

Quote Originally Posted by thebax2k View Post
    1) Is a great writer who has creative ideas AND a strong grasp of grammar and spelling...
    2) Can draw clear and crisp maps of cities that will impress the editor with your artistry...
    3) Have a professional level of knowledge about city planning and urban lore...
    4) Can hit deadlines...
    Gee golly whillikers! That seems to describe me perfectly! Unfortunately, I don't want the job.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Let's see...

#1 - Nope, not a great writer and thank god for spell checkers or I'd be doomed
    #2 - Nope, not quite there...yet
    #3 - Not a chance
    #4 - Ahh this I can do...and I was pretty good at 'Whack-A-Mole' when I was younger
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Where is Gandwarf when you need him?

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I contacted James Jacobs about this. He was very enthusiastic about the map I sent over and immediately asked about my game designer credentials - and I had to admit that I came up a little short there. Nonetheless a great opportunity to get my work in front of one of the major names over at Paizo so certainly worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by zenram View Post
    Where is Gandwarf when you need him?
    Well, thanks for the suggestion... but I don't think it will work. I don't consider myself good enough. Also, I wouldn't want to do this professionally anyway.
    For the fun of it:

#1 Yeah, I guess I consider my writing skills good enough. In Dutch that is. My grasp of the English language has detoriated a lot.
    #2 I don't think they will like the City Designer 3 style.
    #3 I have at least a basic understanding I guess.
    #4 As a projectmanager by trade I can proudly say I break deadlines daily
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast