Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: println("hello world"\n) hehe

Info println("hello world"\n) hehe

Well, hello there. My name is Ashley and I'm a hopeless gaming addict, photographer and I practice several modalities of alternative medicine in between gaming sessions to pay the bills. A bit of my work can be seen at http://www.guiltypixel.com and http://demarchand.deviantart.com

I've been into fantasy cartography (with pen and paper anyway) since I was very young, but I never tried going digital with it. Who knows why, I prefer everything else digital... Recently I stumbled upon some YouTube tutorials by Butch Curry from Zombie Nirvana Games and I was shocked to realize that I've had the tools and skills all along to make great digital maps, I just never thought about the work flow quite like he does. I am now studying Photoshop cartography techniques and I will be posting some of my work and any techniques I stumble across or invent both here and on a dedicated blog.

The forums here are amazingly well maintained and contain a wealth of knowledge beyond anything else I've seen. I really look forward to corresponding with you all, it seems like a really nice community here.

Thank you,
    Ashley

Welcome to the guild Jaelyn.
    Your post got caught in the moderation queque and has now been approved
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Post lol

Yeah, I noticed hehe Thanks, glad to be here o/

Blog Entries

Hey and welcome. I like the fauna photos. I have some similar which I have on my (rather crappy) myspace page.

Welcome indeed! The photos are great... also good luck on the job hunt... but be careful now that your here... I, and all that I've mentioned it to... have seemed to fall into a pit when they find the tutorials and disappear for months. My gaming group thought I had died... only for me to come back with lots of great maps. I actually had to temporarily block the site at home because I was risking repeated late-to-work episodes.
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Post The Great Quest for Arcane Knowledge of Maps

ROFL! Yeah, I can see myself slipping into this, but I'm taking a break from work for a couple of months to relax, so its a perfect time for me to enter the hermit cave and seek enlightenment.

Thank you all for the compliments on the photos as well, it is appreciated *cheer*

Hopefully soon I'll have some maps which don't involve $200/set Prismacolors which crack as soon as they roll off of the table... *mutter* I'd rather use them less frequently for character portraits and stuff. If I can get anywhere near as efficient as some of the people doing video tutorials I can drop my mapping time from ~12 hours to ~3 hours, so I see this as a time-efficiency exchange.

-Ashley

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Welcome to the guild!

This place has too many friendly and helpful people to be an internet forum. Its freakin me out

Where are the trolls... the flamewars? Its just odd. LOL

Nowadays the trolls hang out under the bridge...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast