Thread: Two Maps for To Kill or Not To Kill

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Post Two Maps for To Kill or Not To Kill

Since Steve posted these in the news section I think it's only reasonable that they go up here too!

These are two maps completed for the Rite Publishing adventure To Kill or Not To Kill, part of the Rituals of Choice adventure path.

This one is a lair on a tropical island deep in a swamp. I like the way the turquoise water pools came out. The caves stone was based on wave rock. I think it came through okay.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LotRMWeb.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	211.8 KB 
ID:	17126

The second (actually comes first in the adventure) was an interesting challenge as it was a very simple map - a fallen tree bridge in a swamp. It needed to be clear, and also have some atmosphere. So I used the waterfalls to give the environment some perspective and Steve also wanted a little iso view in the bottom left - that I think worked out really well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TrollBridgeWeb.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	17127

In the (very) near future these will also appear as printable pdfs at 1 inch grid scale.

As these are commissions, they do not fall under the CC licensing in my sig, but instead are rights reserved.

Blog Entries

Your 11 pts higher on your rep

Great maps the both of em. Tho scraper is only going to pick up the top one in the thumbs unless you start another thread for the second.

Yep, that's why the ordering is that way round. If I start a new thread for every map it might get a little out of hand (I have 11 maps from Halls of the Mountain King that I'll be posting sometime in October!).

Glad you like them, and thanks for the rep

The tree bridge is now up on RPGNow along with a selection of other maps. You can find them through the link in my sig.

Very beautiful!
    My debut novel, The Final Warden is available on Amazon.com in paperback and on Kindle.

Please visit my blog for more information about my writing and my art

Please visit my sketchbook on Conceptart.org
    TomCardin

Yeah, those are very nice. Love the colors and painterly textures. Not sure what's going on in the adventure but these definitely offer up a "feeling". Repped (er, not repped, guess I have to spread it around).
    M