Being different than most map-makers, and self-taught using software not intended for map-making.

I own both CC3 and Dundjinni, but find the former to complex and difficult to learn (not user friendly at all), and the latter as a clumsy tool for map making.

The reason I use Xara Xtreme is because it is a full graphics application - I use it for web graphics, PDF book creation, RPG maps, logo design, sign design, etc.

When you place a mountain or tree in either CC3 or Dundjinni, you can't really go back later and make a change, unless you "undo, undo..." your way back to the object, and subsequently destroy everything you created after that object.

With Xara Xtreme, I can go back to the first object I created, rotate it, enlarge or delete without affecting the rest of the map.

Anyway, I've included a page on my site to show you samples of three terrain maps I've created using Xara Xtreme - check it out if you like!

http://www.gamer-printshop.com/cartographers.html

There's a link to a free trial download of Xara Xtreme, plus I've included to tutorial I created using Xara for map-making.

Oh Mr. Admin - I'm posting another link, but this one is just for pics...