Thread: WIP Rolleplay Continent

Post WIP Rolleplay Continent

after abour 3hours of work i have now reached this: (see thumbnail)

okay, before i move on, i would like to know what i can do better, are the mountianranges where they realisticaly should be? are teh rivers correct?

this is my first attempt on making a compleete Rolleplay world, everything from culture, to politics, history... to the map....

but as said before i close down the "unmovable" terrian and start with forests, cities and other details i would like to know what i could have done better, even when i t comes to technical stuff like..blending, making the map have a more... fantasy map feel to it

i have not yet named the continent/world, i do that after i have made everything done,so thats why the crappy title
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RP Continent.JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	163.7 KB 
ID:	18012  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Couple things I noticed...

1. Mix up the mountain symbols a bit more, to many of the same one next to each other
    2. Consider changing the color below the mountains from that fleshy pink to something more tan or brown
    3. I would suggest looking at some images of mountain ranges on Google Earth or something similar.

The rest isn't to bad at all
    Last edited by Steel General; 10-24-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Allright thanks

haha yeah i knew that my mountains would be all wrong, probably moving the left mountain range even more left i think, making the top part of the map a mountain area perhaps, what do you think about that?

----------------------------------------
    Edit:
    Her is the map now, please tell me if i have gone crazy with the rivers, maybe i should delete a few? or...doe they disobey physics? what about hte mountains? better/worse?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP RP map edit mountain and river.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	18033  
    Last edited by The Silent Cartographer; 10-25-2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Added edited map
    -Passioante Rolleplayer
    -Passionate Gamer
    -Passionate G33K

The rivers look natural.
    I wouldn't use this color brown as the background of your mountains. Try grey for example.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The rivers look fine to me, I didn't notice any violations.

For the mountains, my opinion is the ranges should be narrower with smaller spurs running off at various angles. But wait and get a some more C&C before making any more changes.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

allright haha wil redo the mountains for sure, and what is C&C? sorry if it is a an00bish question, the only thing i relate to C&C is Comand and Conquer
    -Passioante Rolleplayer
    -Passionate Gamer
    -Passionate G33K

C&C = Comments & Criticism

And Command and Conquer of course... once a great series of games.
    But alas, all things of beauty eventually fall into ruin
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Personally I think I'd make the following changes:
    • a border around the lake
    • a bit more waggle in the rivers

Otherwise, it's not looking too shabby. It ain't a Rembrandt but it meets all of those nice functional gamer-needs.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

allright i'll se what i can do about it, gonna change the mountains so the rivers will definatley be changed as well
    -Passioante Rolleplayer
    -Passionate Gamer
    -Passionate G33K