Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aalder

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Things were getting dark so I lightened things up a bit and then grunged it all up. Put in some fields, tweaked just about everything, and spent way too much time searching my hard drive for stuff that seems to be on my old hard drive - c'est la vie. I used one of CM's crusty paper things, too Steel was right about the font so I went with DeiGratia for a cooler look. I want to put some dungeons, caves, and places of interest in before doing the finish work and maybe a few more symbol thingies like the skull and sea beasts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aalder.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	3.60 MB 
ID:	18094  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like this last version much better (of course the earlier versions were still darn cool as well).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I love it, but I have to disagree with the City shadows. It makes it difficult to distinguish the shape of the icons.
    Also, I liked better the water in the previous attempt, but if you want it to have a more hand-drawn feeling it is better now. Your rivers are great. They always are.

Bravo, really digging it now, especially the title, its gorgeous. I have to agree and say that the shadows on the city icons doesn't seem to work right. How did you do those forests, they're brilliant.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

Beautiful work, as usual. The "grungy" version is easier to read but I prefer the atmosphere in the darker version. I have one minor nitpick on the name, "Islands of the Mystics"..."Mystic Isles" seems a better fit to go with "Faerie Island".

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

This one is about done. I'll be in Boden fighting off the vicious werecows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aalder.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	3.72 MB 
ID:	18154  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Just got a "what planet are you on" look from the hubby for laughing out loud at "Big furry things." Lovin' it.

"House of Chants" sounds like a franchise.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    "House of Chants" sounds like a franchise.
    It's a chain of Gregorian Hostel's
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12