Thread: Go go crayon power!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Publisher Facebook Connected JPQuinn's Avatar

Info Go go crayon power!!!!

Heya everyone,

If some of you are like me, then you are so colorblind that your wife either purchases nothing but monochromatic clothes or chooses your daily wardrobe for you (my wife does the former, mixed in with a few pairs of blue jeans). It's a pain in the butt to be colorblind, especially when you're feeling artistic (I have a thread here where I made purple water--I thought it was a brilliant sapphire blue).

Like many of us who have been kicking around since the dust settled on the RPG world in the mid-70's, I use Crayloa crayons, colored pencils, and markers to hand draw and color all my maps. If I had a working scanner, some of them are remarkable.

I have since graduated to the digital age. But my maps are all greyscale because I can't see colors well enough to make an educated guess. If you are like me, fear not! I have found the hex and RGB codes for the 120 crayon Crayola pack! No more guess work!

Enjoy
    JP Quinn
    Writer, Game Designer, Map Dabbler
    Visit my blog

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Thanks for posting! I loved my crayola-120 as a kid. The one with the built in sharpener. Yeah, I was cool

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Bookmarked and thanks
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool that will be quite useful.

You may also want to look at this and this for other various RGB/Hex Code/etc. (they have been posted here before, but what the hey).
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Cool stuff guys. I didnt do crayons but even now next to me is a pack of felt tips. They were never named in color tho...

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Locution's Avatar

This is a great find! Make me all nostalgic.

I put together a script to improve on the crayon color list. The results of it can be found at http://tyson-ot-nw.blogspot.com/2010...or-picker.html