Thread: GIMP Stroke Path with Taper plugin

Post GIMP Stroke Path with Taper plugin

I have created a GIMP plugin that strokes a path with a taper (i.e. it creates a line with a start width and an end width, rather just a constant width). I was aware that our esteemed member, RobA, had already created such a plugin (script, actually), but my plugin has some extra options, such as fill style (color or pattern) and line style (cap/join styles).

The following image was created by making a path, then stroking it twice with my plugin using different colours and widths. I think the second stroke was 1.3 pixels thinner. So obviously, rivers are the main use for a plugin like this. But I guess you can also make lightning strokes as well.

A preview of the settings available is here.

My next plugin will be a Voronoi diagram generator. A lot of board game maps divide things up into irregular polygon regions, and Voronoi diagrams are a pretty easy way of doing this. If you have any ideas for GIMP plugins that would be useful for cartography let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Very nice. Looks handy and flexible and has a nice result.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps