Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mapping Challenge Hall of Fame

Blog Entries

I'll put my name on there when the next winner is determined so I'm not on top.

Post The legendary revote of Sept 08

When voting started Del, for some reason decided that three maps were unflnished entries, so left them out of the running, and the vote went on for 2 or 3 days, with Mmmmmpig winning by a couple votes over me (with a couple days voting left). Then some complaints by those left out of voting, asking why they were left out, forced the entire voting at the time to be scratched and voting started over, with the missing entries added back in. After which Mmmmmpig having an early lead, then I passed him up on the votes. This too is unheard of, in that usually whoever has the lead in the beginning, usually ends up winning in the end. This challenge was the only voting where the lead changed twice.

Delgondontelius Faux Pas award, named and carried by Del awaits the next blunder by a CL, and Del is supposed to pass the award onto that blunderer. Since then, the CL's have been drastically careful not to earn that award themselves. So it's still in Del's capable hands!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Ahhh.... I'll never live that down .... nor it seems .... pass the award on lol

Blog Entries

I can only imagine GP, but I suspect he was mortified. We're all friends here, but you don't ever want to be responsible for someone being excluded or for someone feeling they have been deprived. I haven't looked at the 9/08 maps yet, but knowing your and mmmmmpig's work, I don't doubt that both were worthy of winning. The good news is that m5pig came back and won twice after that heart-breaker, so he channeled his frustration constructively.

Hi delgondahntelius! I think the best possible thing is if you never have the opportunity to shed that albatross. But human nature being what it is, it's probably just a matter of time .

Post Hey Del!

What do you know, I haven't seen Del here in months, and the day I post something describing that fateful day, he shows up! I wonder if his "ears were burning" to attract him here today!

I've never brought this up, until today, since this thread slightly mentioned it, I thought I'd post details!

Del, where you been? I miss you terribly. You need to visit more often.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

He came by earlier for the voting GP.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    What do you know, I haven't seen Del here in months, and the day I post something describing that fateful day, he shows up! I wonder if his "ears were burning" to attract him here today!

I've never brought this up, until today, since this thread slightly mentioned it, I thought I'd post details!

Del, where you been? I miss you terribly. You need to visit more often.

GP
    Awww... Thanks. Its nice to know I'm missed... lol.

I try to stop by and at least vote on the monthly challenge. I wish I had the time to do more, but being a truck driver doesn't afford me those luxuries... Due to unforseen circumstances though, I'll be home this next week (the whole week ) so I'll probably be scurrying around the forum quite a bit... I might even do some mapping (OMG)

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Great to see you on here again! Glad to hear you'll get the chance to catch up next week. Hope life's treating you well.

I took the liberty of editing Immolate's post and adding the last 2 challenges.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast