Thread: Durra - The Land of Shivers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Durra - The Land of Shivers

Here is one of my recent projects.

Some background:
    Durra is a large island on the northern hemisphere of the world of Vaimon. It is the northenmost spot of solid land in this world and its basic climate is roughly comparable to taiga-ish regions in our world. It is subject to harsh weather conditions throughout the year, though. Depending on the season there are a lot of storms, heavy rain, fog, blizzards, and hail.
    The southern regions are quite fertile during the summer, though the area tends to suffer from heavy thunderstorms during this period frequently. Most of the years food imports are required to support the whole island.
    Despite these rather unhabitable conditions, Durra has a high population density. The main reason for this is the vast amount of natural resources that are mined there and the trade that comes with it.
    The northern part of Durra is dominated by a dwarf-like race that even dares to keep on mining during the winter months. This race was in fact the first one to settle here. Durra is actually a word in their language which roughly translates to "Glitterstone".
    The southern part is dominated by humans these days.

I created this map using Photoshop, as always, using slight variations of techniques and styles I developed during my time here in the Guild. I used this map as an opportunity to speed up my workflow, which was quite successful. The entire map without labels took no more than 5 or 6 hours of a Sunday, which is a great improvement for me, personally.

But I digress.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	durra_1500.jpg 
Views:	1238 
Size:	718.8 KB 
ID:	18133