View Poll Results: You want to make a city/town map from a template?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Fun. Woot.

18 81.82%
  • No. I don't like constraints.

4 18.18%

Thread: City map from a template

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post City map from a template

Hi all,
    Hopefully I'm doing this correctly. The other day I downloaded the RPG Citymap Generator and played with it for a bit. It turns out some funky stuff sometimes but I can see that it's a nice tool to generate some inspiration to start off a map. In particular I was instantly excited by the old west town map settings (and the viking and african village settings) and it made me want to make a map...if I didn't have a bunch of other stuff to do.

So. I thought about it for a while and realized that it might make a good challenge to provide a "template" (like the one attached) from the generator as a starting point for everyone to make a map. This one's straight from the program (cropped but otherwise unaltered) but the challenge template could be cleaned up before posting, if desired, or have the cleanup left to the entrants (might be neat to see how different people deal with overlapping buildings and such in their own way).

Even if you don't like *that* app, it still might be fun to see what people come up with given the same template as a starting point. I know I'd like to see the results.
    M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wild wild west.png 
Views:	559 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	18134