Thread: My first world... and im stuck :S

Guild Member

Wip My first world... and im stuck :S

hay all.

I have for some time been working on a compleate world (fore a fantacy game)

And well... im kinda stuck... and wuth like some rewiews, feedback and so on.

main map side link

Now. on the left of this side you will find links to all the maps i made... the main map is hand drawn, and alle the others are paintet in photoshop. there are also a map creator i made in flash to make city creating easy'er

Fall free to use what you can, but pleas give me some feedback... im realy stuck her :s

Hi and welcome.

Your hand-drawn map is a great start.
    Many of your rivers don't look natural, though. You wouldn't find rivers like that in the real world.
    If you want some guidelines, here is a post with some simple rules to consider when drawing rivers.

Yeah, apart from some slightly funky rivers I think your design looks pretty solid.

Check out some of the tutorials on the site and you should get some ideas for how to refine it graphically. It's looking pretty good, though.

BTW, you're getting rep from me for that ultra-cool city map generator. It's simple but it generates pretty pleasing patterns. I like the city you did with it. Very cool and thanks for sharing that.
    M

Guild Member

Hay... thanks fore the rewiews...

Well... newer new those fecktas about rivers.... nice to know Thx

Yea im reading trugh some of the tuts... they are great...

And Merrin... im happy that you like it... i found that it took fare to long time creating city out lay by hand compared to the results i came up with... And then why not make a randomizeer

Agein.. Thanks a lot both of you