Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ashenport Town Map

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Schley's Avatar

Post Ashenport Town Map

Here's a little town map I did a while ago for Dungeon. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ashenport.jpg 
Views:	9118 
Size:	785.7 KB 
ID:	7006  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Very sweet. I'm guessing with a town this small you inked all teh houses by hand ? ... What about a map like Brindol in the adventure "Rescue at Rivenroar"? how long did that take and did you repeat some of the same houses in that map? ... Love the trees on this map... and the colors of course... I'm beginning to be able to tell your maps by sight of thumbnails

Love the colors on this one as well! The water has a nice effect going on with it as well. I might have to lift some of your style and do some mapping a la Schley
    Something witty and pithy

Very nice. I especially like the smoke coming from the chimneys. I think I can also learn something from the way you did the relief lines on the hill.

11b is a graveyard or something?

The only thing I am missing is a couple of small boats. Although I never do them in my city maps, I think they would look good in this map.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

Utterly gorgeous too. I think this is an example of just how a fantasy map should look. Theres a lot of things I particularly like about this one as well as your last one. Theres an almost 3D quality to it from the nice shading on the rocks. With a lot of pen and ink maps you get houses with wobbly walls. I like the hand drawn nature of this but with the nice crisp straight walls that they ought to be. The forest texture is awesome too. I would like a seamless digital tile of that though I can see yours is hand drawn. This is where hand drawn can out do digital texturing.

Guild Apprentice

Fantastic - Talk about timing, I'm DM-ing this adventure in an hour.

WOW!

I almost hate to say this, but I think I found an error on your map

The Large hillock in the northwest portion of the map. The Escapment lines (i think that is what they are), are traditionally drawn with the thick portion denoting the higher elevation and 'pointing' to the lower elevation.

As a result, the hillock is supposed to sit approximated 20-25 feet above the village proper, but the lines are done in such a way to represent in traditional topographic maps a depression.

Again, only a minor nit, and certainly nothing to kill me avid fan-ness of your map.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Applicant

"Escarpment" lines, and yes, the thick end should be higher. But other than that, I'm very impressed by this map, and by your maps in general. Presumably Wizards was too, that's why they hired you..

Guild Journeyer

Very nice work. love the style. Good one!

Guild Apprentice

I love the style! Would it be possible to get a version w/o the numbered buildings? I may snag it for an unrelated port town and it'd be useful to do the numbers of the important stuff myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast