Thread: Fractal terrains Demo

Post Fractal terrains Demo

Hi All,
    I have been a long time reader/viewer of these forums and am truly inspired by the work here!
    I have been creating my own world on and off for some time now (years) and have run into a problem with the fractal terrains demo.
    A number of years ago I created a map using FTPro demo on my old PC. I now have a new PC and need to relook at my world in FTPro just briefly, to view climate stuff (I exported a height map but not climate map!). But when I try to reinstall the demo it says I cannot install the program twice!

Because my PC is synced with the office servers, I suspect the registry key which remembers whether of not FTPro has been installed already has been copied to my new PC along with the rest of my workspace.

I'm not trying to get around the demo limitations to allow 'infinte use', but (as wonderful as the program is) I cannot justify purchasing the full version for one simple export.

Has anyone come across this before who can offer a suggestion as to what I might do?

Regards,

Alec

See http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/cc2-l/message/12098 for more information.

I'm not posting the information here because the posting linked to above is buried nice and deep in other archives. Someone posted some information I sent them in a private e-mail to a public forum. I was unamused.

Hi Waldronate,

Thank you for that. As the author of the software, I can imagine how you would feel!

Ill have a dig around, hopefully my next post might include a map!

Hello again,

I think I found the post but it doesn't seem to work for varioud reasons which I would prefer to keep in PM (for your softwares sake!).

Can I PM/email you? (Haven't figured out PMs on this forum yet...)

If thats ok, please let me know how best to contact you

Thanks!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

You need to have at least 5 posts before you can PM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hi Steel,

Ok, thanks for that. Ill post my map then so i'm not just spamming for posts (can't stand that!) I was hoping to have that as my first post anyway

Quote Originally Posted by basil4j View Post
    I think I found the post but it doesn't seem to work for varioud reasons which I would prefer to keep in PM (for your softwares sake!).

Can I PM/email you? (Haven't figured out PMs on this forum yet...)
    PMs should work just fine now that you have the minimum number of posts.

As far as the reinstall not working, I'm not terribly surprised. It's been lots of years, after all.

pm sent

Looks like it's all sorted out so that's good. One of these years we need to get the new demo version up. The one on the PF site is ancient and not representative of the shipping version, I think.