Thread: DeLurking

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post DeLurking

Greetings everyone. I ran across this site some time ago (not sure exactly how long ago), and then recently re-acquired the address. I've been an avid map lover pretty much since I read my first fantasy novel that included maps in it (Lord of the Rings I believe). I've always loved the maps in the various novels I read, and then when I started DnD in the late 80s, I was overjoyed at being allowed to map out the dungeons. Alas, my skills are almost strictly underground dungeon map making. I've made one overland map almost 15 years ago and it included elements from a variety of map making styles I gleaned around the net and books I could find (ie, it's not pretty as can be seen in the attachment).

I'm hoping to fine tune my skills, while learning how to make more than mere dungeon crawl maps (town, city, outdoor, overland, etc). This is the first I'm seriously investigating digital map-making skills, as even my dungeon maps were always drawn by hand. I hope to eventually clean up the map I've got attached and expand on it to include the rest of the continent it's on.

Sorry, a bit of a winded introduction, which I guess is also something about me. That, and I tend to be major lurker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	doshmock.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	544.8 KB 
ID:	18168