Thread: Neverseek

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Map Neverseek

Here is the map I made for Sicuropoli (original request).

As requested a basic map. I added just the few labels I had from the description.
    This map was my first real attempt to create a map in this style.

Comments and critics?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neverseek labeled.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	3.25 MB 
ID:	18177  

I've been doing rough markings of it to get things in order before I start writing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neverseek.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	3.61 MB 
ID:	18190  
    Last edited by Sicuropoli; 10-30-2009 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Updating Preview.
    "From the largest mountain flows the smallest stream which collects into a roaring river and over time, plows it's way through anything that stands in it's path. Time..."

The lakes and rivers seem unfinished to me. The land and ocean have some nice texture to them, and the rest of the water, in comparison, appears quite flat. Likewise, the waterfall has a sort of metallic sheen to it that some texture would help to downplay.

Overall, though, it's a very pretty map. Nice work! I particularly like the texture you've chosen for the forests. It almost gives the appearance of trees viewed from the side, and the scale is rather large, but that doesn't bother me as much as it does some others.
    Last edited by Midgardsormr; 10-30-2009 at 06:10 PM.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

All I got is that I think the rivers are too dark. I'm fine with everything else.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Alright. I am finished tweaking it-- for now. Should be enough for me to write my story around now. Thanks for giving me the Geographical Upstart from the Sample I gave you, Sapiento.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neverseek.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	4.11 MB 
ID:	18277

The Border around the map key is from Europa Barbarorum II. The Compass is some random thing off Google Image Search. The Eagle Betwixt Never and Seek looks like it's from Warhammer but, I am not sure what it's off as as it has been in my collection forever-- it sorta looks like the Emperor of Mankind's, Eagle. Oh and the map was made by Sapiento for me, and then edited and tweaked.. by me from the original.
    Last edited by Sicuropoli; 11-02-2009 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Uploaded Map without Coast Lines and bump mapping around edge of continent. Fixed.
    "From the largest mountain flows the smallest stream which collects into a roaring river and over time, plows it's way through anything that stands in it's path. Time..."

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Looks great!

I hope you didn't violate some copyright when taking the border design. Could be unpleasant.
    Last edited by Sapiento; 11-02-2009 at 10:07 AM.

Private Mod Developments are Private Mod Developments. When it comes time to release the game, I will have my own own artwork done, I just wanted something to make the key look nicer than usual, hence why I gave credit at the end. I'm not even sure it is is Europa Barbarorum II's design... maybe they stole it too.... but, I don't know why they would need too.. they have enough texture artist and modelers working on that modification.