View Poll Results: do you like the idea?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. that looks cool

15 100.00%
  • Na.. Not my style

0 0%

Thread: Inspiration to the inspirred...

Guild Member

Post Inspiration to the inspirred...

hay all. here the other day when i was doing my disswash i got to look at the soap bubbles in the water, seaing how it moved like a landmass, and I got the idea...

Why not take an random photo, and use that fore inspiration to make a map. so that one photo of some random everyday stuff shut give the inspiration to make a map. that be a city or landmass map or wathever you seen in the photo...

like this: (fast made sample)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	landmassinspiration.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	34.0 KB 
ID:	18247  

I like the idea!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Blog Entries

That's a pretty cool idea.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Blog Entries

Good challenge idea. Take anything real with lots of random in it and make a map from it. Closer to the original photo the better. Yeah great stuff.

Post I see maps in everything...

Unfortunately for me, I see maps in everything. This challenge idea would seem to follow the expected - I see a rust spot that looks like an island or continent.

All I need to do is look at a water filled ditch for example, and I see a river through swamp terrain (I even see the dinosaurs that aren't there!) and that floating leaf is a boat or I look at a tree imagine flattened instead of 3D and I see an island, or a stump and an ant colony and see an inhabited castle town - I see maps in everything...

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 11-01-2009 at 12:52 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    Unfortunately for me, I see maps in everything. This challenge idea would seem to follow the expected - I see a rust spot that looks like an island or continent.

All I need to do is look at a water filled ditch for example, and I see a river through swamp terrain (I even see the dinosaurs that aren't there!) and that floating leaf is a boat or I look at a tree imagine flattened instead of 3D and I see an island, or a stump and an ant colony and see an inhabited castle town - I see maps in everything...

GP
    I think they make medication for that.

-IG