Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nyviltaera

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Post Nyviltaera

This continent map went through a lot of different iterations and styles before I ended up going with a modified version of Ascension's atlas style. The original WIP thread is here.

Most of the continent is wilderness, with the bulk of human civilization residing in the Velaedin Empire in the northern reaches and small groups of people in a few other areas.

The Empire is further divided into seven districts, each ruled by a noble family: descendants of the seven families that led a few hundred refugees to this world long ago. Their power has dwindled, however, and it is now the church (based in Corcavron) that truly rules the empire.

Arenport is a small city state peopled by outlaws and outcasts from the Empire. Its rise is relatively recent, coinciding with the church's seizure of power.

The tiny nation of Astera is a mix of Empire stock and the native people of this world, and is much older than Arenport; Astera's ancestors were those to take ship early after the Arrival, and they chose to settle in the warmer climes of the south.

The Daeonnyn are the native people of Nyviltaera, for the most part living in small nomadic tribes, although there is one permanent city in their jungles. Theirs is an existence in harmony and equilibrium with nature.

Feel free to use this map for personal gaming use, but please do not duplicate or post anywhere, as this is the map for the fantasy novel I'm currently writing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nyviltaera.jpg 
Views:	1108 
Size:	4.66 MB 
ID:	24326  
    Last edited by Gidde; 05-01-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Reinserted Attachment

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

wow that is really good

I really like the fonts used for the regions; simple but firm. have some rep

Thanks! That font seems to be becoming my serif font of choice - Trajan Pro.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Yeah, that Trajan is nice. I use it a lot on my commissions. Nice map, too, and good to see it done
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very nice work Gidde!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thanks, Asc & SG It's good to have it done!

Blog Entries

Really nice map, Gidde. I think it's a real improvement over the original one you were doing and I'm glad you decided to merge the two styles together.
    Great stuff.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Beautiful, IMO.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Fantastic map and a very interesting background story.

Post Excellent

This turned out very well! I love the place names, too.
    Visit Tornalia (it's beautiful this time of year)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast