Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First time map any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by sphagettiman View Post
    Yeah its the one I'm using right now. I can't seem to get the grass bump trick to work though. What did he mean by 50% gray?
    A grey that is 50%. so a grey that has a V of 50, or is 128 128 128 in RGB, or 808080 in hex.

-Rob A>

Thanks sir. I've been muddling through this as best I can. I've found your tutorial pretty handy. I'm having a blast building this map and hope to put it up soon!

Also, at the beginning of his tuut he has a link for a pallete you should download. In it there is a 50% grey conveniently named "50% grey".

Once you are flying you will probably want to make your own pallete as a part of your personal style but make sure that you include 50% grey. Once you get a hang of how overlay and grey work you end up using it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Boethius61 View Post
    Also, at the beginning of his tuut he has a link for a pallete you should download. In it there is a 50% grey conveniently named "50% grey".

Once you are flying you will probably want to make your own pallete as a part of your personal style but make sure that you include 50% grey. Once you get a hang of how overlay and grey work you end up using it a lot.
    I can't think of a single map where I have NOT used this technique at least once, and usually several times.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Yeah I actually have that pallet downloaded already. I'm currently working on trying to get the moutains looking like moutains. For some reason right now they look more like rather large hills.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12