Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: November 2009 Entry - Qonworld

Post November 2009 Entry - Qonworld

Hi all, not sure if I can measure up with 'the big' challenge but time is on my side this month and these challenges provide the perfect means to learn a lot fast.. so I'll give it a go

The basic idea: Qonworld is a magical disc-shaped world floating in space (no, not on the back of a giant turtle The world almost cracked in two due to a failed magical experiment. And of course, thousands of people died. The map is timed a few months after the cataclyms. The cracked world is now drained from water and magic and probably will collapse eventually...

I guess i'll come up with more lore during the creating process The style will be similar to my latest sort-of-iso try. Don't know if I can pull it off yet but I'll give it a shot... basic 1st draft sketch attached... cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sketch.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	553.6 KB 
ID:	18311  

The sketch is rough but gives the impression I think. Looking forward to seeing it progress...your iso map was cool.
    M

Somehow I think you'll do just fine in the big-boy challenge.

-IG

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

More fresh meat!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

SG> Please only eat his entrails after he submits his final map.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

hehe, luckily I only need my hands and eyes else I'd quit right now... but I'm no vegetarian either

Just to give some idea where I'm heading with this... don't mind the texturing yet, mainly been experimenting with water... there will be a lot in the map... and did some ISO-building-practise too (if you can find it...) the cataclysm look-and-feel still to be determined, hope to be able to give the crack an apocalyptic-look-and-feel.. already having lots of fun with this ... but still so much to do .. cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qonworld2.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	18318  

Quote Originally Posted by Djekspek View Post
    Just to give some idea where I'm heading with this... don't mind the texturing yet, mainly been experimenting with water... there will be a lot in the map... and did some ISO-building-practise too (if you can find it...) the cataclysm look-and-feel still to be determined, hope to be able to give the crack an apocalyptic-look-and-feel.. already having lots of fun with this ... but still so much to do .. cheers
    Well, you should already be making the other entrants sufficiently nervous. The water is great. I especially love the waterfalls flowing over the side.

-IG

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Whoa. That's all I've got to say.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

That's edgy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast