Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ankh-Bathor

Post Ankh-Bathor

Finally my map of the country Ankh-bathor is done. Some more names of different areas might be added on my private map in the future, but no big changes.

The whole map is done in Photoshop CS3. It is mostly done by hand, even though som exstensive cuting and pasting was done on the hills.

My main goal with the map was to create a style that looked and felt like my original style that I developed for my Etrakien map (that later became a CC3 stylepack). But a style that depicted the land on a closer scale.

Ankh-Bathor is one of the more powerful states in the world of Etrakien, much thanks to the control of the canal that connects the two seas Etrakiska sjön and Innanhavet. The town and state is today ruled by some very rich, powerful and old merchant families. To the south Ankh-bathor borders to the much larger Etrakien empire and in the north to some small citystates that generally are described as the border kingdoms.

Well I hope you like it.

Cheers :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ankh-Bathor finished.jpg 
Views:	575 
Size:	4.02 MB 
ID:	18317  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like that a lot. Very nice work.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Beautiful and appealing style! Congrats!

great map! nice detailed and still so clean when zoomed-out. repped

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great stuff here!!

...my only little nit-pick is some of the labels are a bit hard to read - but no big-deal really.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Great stuff here!!

...my only little nit-pick is some of the labels are a bit hard to read - but no big-deal really.
    Yes I know, but I had to decide between always clearly readable and good looking, and picked good looking. I can always zoom in on the original file too ;-).

Guild Journeyer

I love the style. Very evocative.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Very nice. It's very original and has a nice clean look. There are a lot of interesting details.

Good job!
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

That's great looking. Fairly successful in evoking your previous style, too.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast