Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: November Entry - Survivor's Map

Guild Apprentice

Nice sketch. I just thought you might like to know that most of the places you set as "Camps" are, pre apocalypse, hills. Some of them, rocky hills that would take some hard work to turn into a place people could use as living areas. Particularly, the one in the bottom part of the map, is the Sugar-loaf: a granite monolith around 400 meters (around 1300 feet) tall. Those aliens will have to blast it quite a lot to turn it into a place even cattle could live ;-)

I live in Rio so, if you need any sort of information about the city as it is to plan your positioning of things, I'd gladly help.

And just in case you don't know: This map shows about 50% of the city. Mostly the southern zone, where we have the wealthiest part of the population, the "Downtown" to the east and a piece of the northern zone, where we have our low-wealth suburbs. The newest parts of the city, mainly the western zone are not depicted in this map. But I think it's already big enough to be quite the work, so it shouldn't matter that it's not the whole city, anyways.
    Last edited by alexandream; 11-23-2009 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Correcting English.

Alex,
    Thanks, I don't know how finished this will be either... I can feel a summer flu coming on... Sniffles, coughs, sneezes, feeling like I was run over by a bus, etc.

With 10 years to do terrain reshaping and the like, I'm comfortable with the idea they could remove, or build into, Sugarloaf with enough speed to make it worth keeping that spot as a camp... etc etc for the other locations.

Either that or I just "bulldoze" built up areas.

Anyway, once I fight through the wall of treacle in my own brain to get to functioning normally, I'll potentially finish this... :S
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

Some of the books I have written, or am still writing...
    My Lulu Store

Here is what I'm going to put up.
    It's half assed but right now I'm not feeling up to doing heaps...

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rio de Janeiro_Destroyed.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	3.74 MB 
ID:	18929  
    Last edited by Juggernaut1981; 11-25-2009 at 01:36 AM.
    "Sacrificing minions... is there any problem it cannot solve?" - Order of the Stick

My Lulu Store

Guild Journeyer

Kind of reminds me of something my players did during my WWIII game I ran a while back. I had given them a map of various nuked sites and biohazard areas, and one of my players went out to his car and got a road map and started copying the information onto it so that he could use it during the game.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

Thanks Wormspeaker.
    It's sort of that idea. It was always meant to be an individual's own map, in a time/place where they wouldn't have Google-maps, a GPS or even be able to easily move in public. It's still not as "finished" as I would like but mapping through a flu/headcold is not really awesome.

My Lulu Store

Guild Apprentice

Hey! There's a safehouse around 5 blocks from my place, guess I'll be alright, then

I like it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234