Thread: Unnamed world [WIP]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Unnamed world [WIP]

Hi All,

Figured i'd start a new thread because i've finally decided on a world and its so different from the others I posted

This world is going to be roughy 3/4 the size of earth (30,000km circumference)
    So far all I have done is the main shape of the land using Ascesions tutorial and the land shape created by FT demo and eroded in Wilbur.

The land mass was created at 20000x10000 pixels because it gave me better looking clouds but was downsized to 10000x5000 pixels before saving because the file would have been 3Gb in size, which CS4 can't handle This gives me a scale of 1 pixel = 3km which is good enough for a world

(Attachment is halved in size again, scuse the compression)

I haven't spent too much time on the ocean yet so please ignore it

The mountains will be created using a variation on Pasis' mountains (I did a bit of testing off to the RHS you can see) and my own style of trees (which is probably a variation of someone elses tutorial I picked up by osmosis )

Anywho, input is appreciated! This will be slow work but hopefully I get something reasonable out of the experience!

How do the basic climates look? Realistic? I haven't tweaked it yet, need to do a bit of research...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_SMALL working New World.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	3.33 MB 
ID:	18353