Thread: Extend "logged in" duration?

Post Extend "logged in" duration?

Hello...

Sorry if this is in the wrong area... Posted here because, after looking at all the other forum sections, I couldn't find one that seemed to be the right one...

In any case, I'm wondering if there's a way to change the settings in my profile or elsewhere to keep myself logged in here longer? It seems that I'm automatically logged out awfully quickly. It'd be nice to be able to extend the session length in some way, if that's possible.

I looked through the settings but couldn't find any option for that.

Thanks for any help

Couldn't tell you. I am logged in forever.

There is a check mark when you login in to keep you logged in. Otherwise, unless I delete my cookies I stay logged in indefinitely.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Same here. If you can't see it right now, try logging out, then log back in and keep an eye open for that button.

It even works across multiple computers, I haven't had to log back in for ages.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Preypacer, you're not alone.
    I don't like to be permanently logged to sites and like you, I seem to get kicked out within a matter of minutes. There doesn't seem to be anything in between.
    I've raised the issue here, but nobody seems to know the cause or solution (apart from log in permanently). I'm on another group that uses the same engine, and have no problems there, so I know it's not my computer or browser. You just get used to relogging.
    All I can offer is commiserations.
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Sounds like this forum uses cookies for non-permanent logins aswell, in which case the 'problem' here would be that the time it takes for the cookie to elapse is too short (or for the people who know their php; that a cookie time has been set instead of omitting it which would make it behave more like a session).

Since I don't know the inner workings of this forum suite, can't help the moderators / admins with finding the right setting(s) in the control panel and/or help modifying the base code to fix the cookie problem.

Blog Entries

If your that bothered then check the box for log in permanently and set your browser to delete cookies on close. Then your logged in for one browser session. From a security point of view the logged in permanently is probably more secure than not unless your using a temporary computer in which case you should always delete all private info on exit anyway.

Hello,

Okay I'll try that out. I usually overlook that because other sites where I've used that option, it never seems to make a difference; I have to keep logging in regardless.

Perhaps it works as it's intended here, though.

Thanks for the replies!