Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Race Wars (forum game)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Drow +1
    Orks -1

After a disastrous attack on the bearded runts of Ag-Myrak. The Ork hordes of the Stormfangs fell back to regroup and 'discuss' their campaign. Discussion among Ork leaders consisted largely of drinking, threats and a significant number of deaths. After several hours of serious 'discussions' it was decided that instead of attempting to attack Ag-Myrak again, they would go deeper and push out the 'pointy black ears'.

Newly "elected" war-leader Graak Bonesplitter led the newly assembled horde through the darkness to the large cavern where the Drow city of Myshrankathnyl was located. Much to Graak's surprise no Drow army awaited them. Only a lone Drow female standing on a rocky outcropping some distance from the city gate. Graak laughed and bellowed, "You're it? You a lone female are going to attempt to halt the horde of the Stormfangs?"

The drow simply smiled, a grin so evil it made even Graak shiver. She then raised and quickly brought down her arm. Instantly dozens, possibly hundreds of drow began to appear, floating near the caverns ceiling, and the fireballs began to rain down...

Human: 24
    Elves: 24
    Barbarians: 23
    Dwarves: 28
    Dragons: 27
    Undead: 26
    Halflings: 26
    Giants: 25
    Orks: 19
    Drow (evil elves): 28
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Humans: -1
    Orks: +1

Wounded and weakened, Grak Bonesplitter, now less one of his arms, withdrew with the remnants of the Stormfang hordes out of the underworld home of Myshrankathnyl and Ag-Myrak out into the cool night air of the Thundershard mountains.

A grin broke on Grak's face as he looked down in the grassy valleys below. Thin plumes of white smoke rose from the chimneys of a small village surrounded by open fields where sheep were grazing.

The shepherd village proved no match for the Stormfang hordes, hungry for a victory.

Human: 23
    Orks: 20
    Drow (evil elves): 28
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    We seriously need a map to go with this game....any volunteers?
    QFT...

...Though I don't think I can do it myself (haven't had a chance to work on a map in over a month)... but lots of interesting-sounding places are beginning to pop up.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Dwarves +1
    Drow -1

Delving deeper into the mountain, the miners at Ardins Hold discovered a new vein of high grade iron to make their weaponry and war machines from. Little did they know that a large drow town was located behind one of the walls. The drow fought fiercely, and while the dwarves lost many lives, one courageous dwarf, Malivus Rockmaw, sacrificed himself to cause a massive cave-in, whiping the town from the underground map. A decent amount of the vein survived because of him.

Dwarves: 29
    Drow (evil elves): 27

Dwarves: -1
    Giants: +1

Equipped with their new iron gear, those Dwarves were feeling very confident. Predictably, they decided that it was time to test the new weapons on appropiate targets - and what could be more appropiate test subjects than their ancestral nemesis, the Giants?

Led by prince Magnus the Bold, a large host of the stout folk marched forth from Ardins Hold, to make war on the Giants of the Silent Mountains. Little did they know that the attention of the demigod, Ymir the Frost Giant, had been drawn to their doings by the very quake triggered by Malivus Rockmaw. Amusedly the deific champion of Giants had watched as the Dwarves mustered their warband. Now he awaited their arrival in the Weeping Pass, together with a hand-picked force of berserkers.

The rest of the Giants had gathered into an encampment on the end of the pass, and the Dwarves headed toward it hurriedly, so eager to test their blades on Giant flesh. But as they were crossing the narrow pass, a terrible rockslide was unleashed upon them from the cliffs, and Ymir and his berserkers sprung from hidden tunnels, attacking the Dwarves from behind. Upon hearing the noise of the falling rocks, the Giants' army broke camp and rushed to join the battle. Magnus' warband was surrounded and killed to the last Dwarf, except for one poor fellow who was left alive and released, so that he might tell this grim tale to his people.

Giants: 26

As you all no doubt know, based on my sig, I am a nerd.

Accordingly, I created a spreadsheet to track the names and locations of the various lands mentioned, and the status of various characters and groups.

I've attached a word port of the data.

It doesn't really display well directly in the browser window...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

imo, a map would destroy the creativeness of the game. new players would have to know the different lands, and what races inhabited them, as well as being bound by other's creations.

The way it is now, someone can just make up a random location as it suits their need, allowing them to be able to make the best possible setting for the story they want to write................................But I realize that I'm going up against a somewhat biased community :/

Undead +1
    Humans -1

The zombies finished consuming Karzoxia the Red and sensed life in the distance... after days of walking they came upon a small village. Marth was un-prepared for the attack, and in the morning there were more zombies.

However, Malisus, Lord of Marlinlar was traveling with his son and soon to be daughter-in-law to show the people the future royal family, and observe his holdings. They arrived in Marth at mid-day... and discovered horror.

Malisus and his son Maikus and guards fought on their mounts, while Sharlisa, Maikus's betrothed sorceress, hurled fire and stone from her floating disk. In the end Malsisus and Maikus fell, and Sharlisa fled. Sharlisa headed north intent on finding help. The House of Malisus had offered land and tribute to the Wyrm Bakhimeroth for generations, perhaps he would be willing to return the favor.

That night Malisus rose again... his will too strong to succumb to simple zombiehood, but not strong enough to resist the curse of undeath, he became a terrible wight... now lord and giver of direction the horde of zombies that killed him.

Human: 22
    Undead: 27
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Sharlisa was nervous when she stepped up to face the mighty Wyrm, but Bakhimeroth remained calm. He listened to the sorceress without showing any signs of emotion, yet he remembered old tales of the Undead and he recognized the signs. They are marching once again.

"No more talk." The words rang in Sharlisa's head like a bell. "Not only will I protect you, honoring the agreement with your race, I will also protect these lands from certain doom to come."

With a deafening roar, Bakhimeroth lifted his wings and flew off into the night. He was never seen again.

From that day on, an undead dragon was frequently seen in the lands of the north. Some say it might be the soulless shell of his body.

Undead +1
    Dragons -1

Human: 22
    Dragons: 26
    Undead: 28

Post NC 17 rating on this one...

Having failed to infiltrate the Mercantile Drow outpost of Doth'dorann, Captain Pelas and his band of dungeoneers sated their hate for the dark skinned devils by taking a drow woman as their captive with the intent of forcing their darkest desires upon her. Tsara Umbraithe allowed them to do so, with feigned whimpering. She was careful to oil herself with the unguentine salve which gave her skin such a lifelike and supple sheen before her "taking" began.

Only a few hours had passed before all the men were taken by the black fever. Captain Pelas bellowed to the girl, "Are all Drow female so unclean?"

Tsara responded simply, "The practice of necrophilia is never clean." With that the lifelike lich queen let out a hideous guffaw and headed back into the Underdark, leaving the men to die in agony.

Human: -1
    Undead: +1

Human: 21
    Dragons: 26
    Undead: 29
    Last edited by Steel General; 11-17-2009 at 08:54 AM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast