Thread: Tropan, Version umpteen million

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Post Tropan, Version umpteen million

Hey all; I've been away for a while dealing with RL stuff and some strange photoshop bugs (which are finally resolved), so I thought I'd post a new map I just finished.

This is a completely revised and updated version of a fantasy setting I came up with years and years ago. It started life as a setting for an online RPG group, and then when that fell apart, I converted it into the world for a bunch of short stories (and maybe a novel eventually) that I've been writing off and on.

This map started out by using Ascension's awesome atlas-style tut, but diverged after about the 12th step. I went a different way with the lighting for the moutains and hills, then decided to add a pattern to the moutains to give them a more 'deserty' feel, in keeping with the fact that most of this world is barren desert or wasteland of one variety or another. I wanted the rivers to be highly visible without overwhelming everything else, so I went with a rich, vibrant blue color and just added a little bit of blur to that layer; nice and simple, but to good effect I think.

Overall, I was pretty pleased with the end product.

Edit: Seeing as I will probably eventually publish (or try to publish) written work based in this setting, please don't use this for any commercialized work. Feel free to download it for personal use, though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tropan copy.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	18566  
    Last edited by Diamond; 11-11-2009 at 10:54 PM.