Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Area 27 [WIP]

Post Area 27 [WIP]

This is area 27 of the CWBP, since no one has mapped it yet. Obviously it should be known as something other than "Area 27," but that will have to come later.

The southwestern bit is largely unpopulated and untamed, with the possibility of a few barbarian tribes scattered throughout. The mountainous dwarves inhabit the northwestern portion, as do a variety of other creatures drawn to that particular terrain.

More cultured and civilized races reside east of the mountains, their towns and villages dotted along the rivers and fresh water lakes.

I'm happy to listen to comments and suggestions (isn't that why we post here, after all?), and look forward to such.

-IG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Area 27.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	18578  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it so far.

The mountains kind of remind me of the skeleton of a bird or small lizard. The rivers south of the mountains make some weird curves, but that's not a big deal.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    I like it so far.

The mountains kind of remind me of the skeleton of a bird or small lizard. The rivers south of the mountains make some weird curves, but that's not a big deal.
    Too weird? I was trying to make them meander a bit, but they can be changed in a blink. Any suggestions?

-IG

Blog Entries

I'm loving the colour palette of this.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Guild Journeyer

i like the colors also.

The southern mountains look like an old crater with that curve. I think they are pretty cool. Can't wait to see where you go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Too weird? I was trying to make them meander a bit, but they can be changed in a blink. Any suggestions?

-IG
    Maybe take out some of the more 'looping' curves where they turn back 'northward'. Just doesn't look right, unless there are geographic reasons for them to do it. Like I said, not big deal just looked weird to me.

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Catching the right level of "curviness" for a river is tough. I hate it when people do straight rivers, because rivers curve quite a bit. However, I also think that these curve just a little too much. It's not that it has too many curves, it's just that the curves are a little too extreme.

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully these rivers are a little better. I also made them a hair thinner this time.

I've added the city and town locations along with some roads, and it has occurred to me that I've never done a map with roads before. I just winged it for now, but if there's some special technique for laying down roads, it'd be great if someone would share the knowledge.

Thanks!

-IG

Views:	122 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	18610  

Yeah, those 'feel better' to me

Another update. I named some things, and put some snowcaps on the mountains. I'm having a heck of a time coming up with names for the mountains and the rivers.

-IG

Views:	111 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	18624  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast