Thread: Hoping to pick up some new techniques for map-making

Guild Applicant

Post Hoping to pick up some new techniques for map-making

Hi all! I've recently gotten into alternate history and fantasy cartography as a hobby, and have posted some of my more recent creations to alternatehistory.com. I mentioned before posting my latest map that I was looking for some new techniques to improve my mapping, and crackersncheese recommended I check out the tutorials and workshops here. Most of my projects are based on real-world scenarios (e.g. this rendering of one of John J. Reilly's alternate history articles) but I have a few fantasy worlds I'd like to try and map out as well.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!

Plenty of fantastic tutorials to peruse, I'm sure you'll find something useful.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome aboard.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

It's great to have more alternate history people joining the guild. We've had some stunning maps from the AH crowd, a couple of which we featured. Welcome to the guild and hope you find some good techniques for making AH maps!