Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Map Packs for Maptool!

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Theres the choice maps and the finished maps but you will have to check the licensing of each in turn to see if they are CC or whether the creator would relicense them.
    I really don't want to just snag stuff off the site. I figured I would see if any of your community would offer stuff and we take it from there. I would rather the user be part of the experience; part of the love.

It would feel wrong to me if I just grabbed stuff.

So with that said, if any of you want to be part of the excitement, let me know!

Hello fellow mappers!

We (RPTools.net team) have had a lot of success with the map pack download feature within Maptool. Now map makers get their well deserved recognition through hundreds of thousands of Maptool users from around the world! (free tools tend to draw a HUGE crowd)

Help us by offering (free) a few of your maps, and we will help you by spreading your name/business/website. Every user that downloads the artpack will get a license pop-up on install, along with a JPG flier advertising you and your business/website. Win - win for everyone!

If anyone is interested, please contact me. Contact info is at the start of this thread.

Thanks and take care!
    Last edited by dorpond; 10-13-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Interesting report for the month of September:
    (keep in mind that these art packs have been available for well over a year now and they still get downloaded like crazy)

(#Hits, Artpack)

1395, devinnight_tokens.zip
    860, torstan_backgrounds.zip
    739, steelgeneral_sewer.zip
    899, dorpond_generic_town.zip
    863, torstan_objects.zip
    910, torstan_basicmap.zip
    775, jshocksdwarfwalls.zip
    754, torstan_markers.zip

So yeah, you will be getting some exposure

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

That's awesome! I'm really pleased that tileset is still doing well. Now I just need to find a way of embedding a link to an RPGNow store into the tileset download

That's great news, and a good indicator of how healthy the maptool community is at the moment. Thanks for the numbers!

When I get a chance I have a few maps that should work. I just need a block of time to get over there and do it. I've been bushwhacked lately.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    When I get a chance I have a few maps that should work. I just need a block of time to get over there and do it. I've been bushwhacked lately.
    Excellent Sir! Seek me out when you are ready. I can give you details and we can package them up to be available within Maptool. Looking forward to it! I don't think we really have any overland maps available. (Assuming that is what you would be supplying)

Well, i was thinking of a few battlemaps I have as I hadn't thought of trying out an overland map in Maptools. Is there a need for this? I have a few here and there I might could use.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Overland maps would be a great asset for people who run games in Maptool, especially ones where there are no labels for towns, lands, territories, etc. This way the game master can label them as he/she see fit for their campaign.

That doesn't mean that there isn't a need for maps with labels - I just find that the more generic the map, the more it will be used, thus more demand. Trust me, sometimes a game master doesn't want to think of all sorts of creative names for towns and cities, especially when they are starting a new campaign.

Actually now that I think about it, it would be ultra cool if there was an overland map pack with both versions included - labeled and unlabeled.
    There is a lot of talent up here on this site, that would rock if some of you offered up some overland maps!

But Jaxilon, we are open to anything map related - if you offer battle mats, that is super cool!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool, good to see people like what we created.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Cool, good to see people like what we created.
    Heck yeah! Your art pack has had much momentum throughout the community! Thank you again!

Now, if only I could get some of you expert mappers to offer up a few overland maps *wink wink*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12