Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The town of Vasil

Blog Entries

Btw... I forgot to say in my last post... really wonderful maps you are posting here.
    I'd love to have a crack at a city map and I'm sure I will do soon as soon as I get past the irrational fear of doing one. Hehe.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

OK, so this one isn't a town-city map, but it does belong to this series. This is a quick inked map of the region the settlements come from.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adelot Player Map.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	18661  
    Last edited by psyekl; 11-16-2009 at 04:15 PM.
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

Guild Journeyer

Well it seems that after all when you got imagination and an nicely worked setting going on, all you need is a pencil and a paper!

Very nice maps. If all DMs could come up with something like this in mere minutes...Well, life would be easier!

Excellent!

The area map was created in a few hours, but I've had the region that it represents mapped out on 17"X22" vellum for years; I simply referenced it to free-hand the smaller version.

What enables me to whip out the settlement maps so fast is the availability of my older work to use as reference. I never throw out any of my older sketches (well not any that were good enough to be used), and the past designs provide excellent inspiration. You'd be amazed what new maps you can come up with just by changing the orientation of the compass and shifting a road here and a building there
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

Guild Apprentice

Love these and all the thought that has gone into them.

I've added some detail to the large town (Vasil) and I've added a map of the cemetery for the small town (Hedgemond).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vasil Map.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	261.1 KB 
ID:	18714   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hedgemond Cemetery.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	18715  

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

These are fantastic. I too appreciate the hand-drawn maps (though I'm as big a fan of digital ones) probably because that's how I started mapping. Of course, when I started mapping I think graph paper was the highest mapping technology that was generally available.

Rep to you! (I think, I'm very new here so I'm not totally sure I did that right).

cheers,
    Meshon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12