Thread: The town of Vasil

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map The town of Vasil

I'm having to throw together some quick maps for a game I'm going to be running through the holidays and I thought you, my fellow cartographers, would appreciate quick hand-drawn maps as much as finished works.
    I often find myself sloppily throwing together maps for the games, only finishing them after they've been played through once or twice. The maps are only intended to show relative positions and placement of significant structures, I have no scale in mind when I draw them. For this game the players are going to be minor nobles in a fantasy setting and I'm going to need to draw out several towns and cities for the aristocratic intrigue...
    This first map is of the PCs hometown of Vasil. Usually these "sketch maps" never make it past the pencil stage, but I figure since I still have about a month to prepare I could spend the time to ink it. The actual drawing is drawn on standard copy paper pulled from my printer; I start out with a non-repro blue pencil to rough out the shape, follow up with a soft HB pencil then finish it off with a set of felt-tip mechanical pens. After inking I use an Artgum eraser to remove the underling pencil.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vasil Map.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	201.7 KB 
ID:	18619  
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."