Thread: First Map

Wip First Map

Well, this is my very first attempt in making a map. Used mainly Jeremy Elford's tutorials It's just the first step, as only has the general shape of a continent and rivers. I want to work now in simbols and everything else. I hope you like it and feel free to comment, I'll accept any advise in order to improve!

But be nice, please
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	First Step.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	18625  
    This is the link to my DA page. There's no maps yet, but some photos I would like to show to everyone. If you like one don't be shy and comment. Thank you!

First off, welcome to the guild!

Second, that's a very nice start. My only criticism is that a few of the rivers seem off to me. Specifically, the two big rivers near the center that join up and a couple other rivers that have branch offs that seem to veer too close to the main rivers. The big river system at the top of the map works well for me.

I look forward to seeing this with some symbols on it.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Thanks! I think you are right about the rivers. I first try to use the tutorial system to create them, but I ended up doing it by hand (as the upper one). I'm glad there's some difference! And the symbols I still don't know very much how I'll do them... I would like to draw them, but I'm not good enought to do it. I should keep trying and I hope I'll manage something, even if its with some brushes and so.

Thanks again for your words!
    This is the link to my DA page. There's no maps yet, but some photos I would like to show to everyone. If you like one don't be shy and comment. Thank you!