Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Re'Skaal - WIP

I have had the same thing going on with images turning out too dark or color tones being not right.
    I have compared same image side by side in one screen opened with Microsoft Photo manager and Quick time picture viewer and Microsoft Office Picture manager and few others and some of them look very different than the others.
    I don't have any idea for the reason as if I connect my laptop to the same monitor and do the same side by side test, the images look almost the same with not too noticeable difference. So the "problem" is in my desktop computer, but I have no clue how to get it right. This all started (read; I noticed it) less than a month ago. I would understand if it would look different only in photoshop as I would assume it is just because of the PS colormanagement being incorrectly set, but it happens with softwares that doesn't allow me to manage colors etc.

Good to know that I am not alone with this problem.

Here is a try with PF's Mercator style from the annual 2007. There I created the continent shape of Re'Skaal with CC3 it was near at hand to use it for that style. For me it seems that the style is not "finished"(too blurry, colorful etc.), so I will try to develop it further. The first pic is the original, the second what I have so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent TA original.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	24829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent TA modified.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	24830  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very Nice!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

I also have a too-bright monitor, so you're definitely not alone. This is looking really good. The only thing standing out to me is that the lat/long grid is a lot more sharp/digital than the rest of the map. You may want to blur it up just a tad so that it matches the rest of your lines.

Nicely done Katto. I like seeing all of the different iterations and styles of Re'Skaal. The shields in your earliest "Ascension" style map were excellent, and I actually liked the darker palette of the Pasis style map. The current variation of your map is beautiful as well (I like the newest version a little better). Great job on this.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Here is the next update. I've added towns, villages and vegetation symbols. The labeling was easy this time, because the font is hard to read and finally I've added a line shape around the land masses. Of course I've also blurred the grid Gidde, I've just forgotten to do it in the last version. Thank you for reminding me. Glad you like it arsheesh.

Name:	Continent TA modified v2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	2.17 MB 
ID:	24945  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Looks great! Those labels are indeed hard to read, but also appropriate. I like the font.

Time to declare this version as finished. Made with CC3 except the red background and the banner were inserted with PS.

Name:	Continent TA final.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	25038  

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

great job - with all of it ... and have some rep
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast