Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Athenya, City of Hope and New Beginnings {Finally Finished :D}

Default Athenya, City of Hope and New Beginnings {Finally Finished :D}

This is Athenya, the Capital city of an Empire in an RP Im a part of.

It took me about a week to do this. Started with a handrawn sketch (had to buy a compass too, circles are hard freehand!), then uploaded into photoshop, where with the wonderful tutorials and tips I got from so many of you, I was able to make what you see :]

Not to sound self absorbed or anything, but I think I did a very good job for my first map.
    I think my roleplay-mates will be very pleased.

A better quality image is here
    I had to save it a little bit rougher in quality to attach it in the thread

Random Info:
    The city is 5 miles wide.
    Locations outside the city walls are smaller independent towns and villages, with the exception of The Refuge, which is a large refugee camp set up after a great cataclysm destroyed a large part of the continent.
    The Inner and Central rings are the original "old" city, built ages ago after the original capital was burned to the ground. So paranoid of fire was the Queen, that she demanded the new capital be built completely of stone. The Inner ring is made of of 14 Wards which are then further divided into large buildings that would take up city blocks. The buildings appear solid, but are hollow on the inside, and are reminiscent of modern shopping malls, with levels of open space that have shops, houses, schools, etc. In the central ring are the mansions of the rich and powerful, as well as the royal palace and the senate.
    The Outer Ring is more recent. Originally, the entire outer ring was farmland, protected by a wall so the city would always have food incase of a siege, but as the city population grew, communities expanded within the outer ring, eventually swallowing up all but two strips of farmland known as the Farm Corridors.
    Outside the city are smaller towns and villages that are not a part of Athenya in a legal governing sense, but fall under its sphere of influence. The only community that Athenya controls outside the walls is The Refuge, a large refugee camp founded after a great cataclysm that devastated a portion of the continent.

PS: If you can tell me where I got the name Cuttlesbreath from, Ill be your friend forever lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finished.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	4.58 MB 
ID:	26314  

Very nice, bravo. Have some much deserved rep.

-D-
    People come and people go. I walk amongst them, I see their faces; but none see mine. I pass them in the streets but nary a glance is spared my way, for what interest would they have in a Wanderer? Not of this world... Forever Alone... Forever Wandering... LoneWandererD...

My DeviantART

Finished Maps

RIP Angel "Ingy" Yates - The first inspiration that guided me towards art. You will be missed...

I dont even really get what that is but thanks

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

'Rep' (or reputation) is a way of giving "a prize" (so to speak) to another poster whose work or ideas you particularly like.

How much rep you have is indicated by the small green boxes below your username/alias. By hovering over it you can see how many reputation points you have accumulated. (As I write this, you currently have 7 rep points)

You can give rep to someone by clicking on the star-shaped icon at the bottom of a post, how much rep you give depends a number of factors (how many posts, how much rep you currently have, how long you've been a member, etc.)

You can only give rep to someone so often, you'll need to give several others rep before you can rep the original poster again.

Hope that helps...
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

nice job - love the compass
    have some rep with my mace of nice repping +4 ... which should bring you to 11 and thus make you able to rep (with 1 point) your self

EDIT: looks like I allreay repped you, and therefor are not able to rep you again so soon..

and where you got the name cuttlesbreath from?... your girlfriend?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Nope not my girlfriend :p

this is really cool, I like the order of the inner rings and the chaos of the outer rings, and the towns outside the ring

Thank you :]
    I was going for a sort of chaotic look

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Fine map, looks very dense settled.

A million people stuffed into a 5 mile wide circle.
    Its bound to be dense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast