Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cityscapes

Guild Apprentice

Wip Cityscapes

I did these three thumbnail cityscapes during my lunch hour...just thought I'd post them and give you guys an idea of some of the stuff that I do. Hope you enjoy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cityscape1.jpg 
Views:	246 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	18678  

Those are gorgeous!

Don't be shy and post loads more. ;D
    The ongoing sketchpad - Craig's Sketchpad (NEW)
    Design and web services - CJ Productions
    All the latest at my personal blog - Craig John
    Photoshop Training Podcast - Graphic Basics (currently on hold)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

They might not be technically "mappy" yet but they're outstanding. If I could doodle like that I wouldn't worry about their "mappiness" either Well done and have some rep.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

As a draftsman I've always loved the technical drawing style, It's nice to see that there are still people out there drawing by hand in a world dominated by digital media! I have to admit: you're very good, kudos and welcome to the guild!
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

Yah. Well. These are freakin' awesome. I can't wait for you to post a map. Have some rep.
    M

Hey PlumCrazy,

Don't keep us in suspense for too long - we'd love to see more! (or perhaps your site's web address so we can pore over more of your excellent images).

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    p.s. Welcome Back Craggles! You've been away for far too long!
    I didn't realise I'd b missed - I shall try not to be away too long next time.

I've been ill and busy - chronic & acute cluster headaches and migraines which is somewhat annoying! As for busy - I've created a few maps for Unnatural20 (which was a request in these forums) and I'm currently illustration a lot of his unique critters.

After falling in love with the Shadow World campaign setting by Terry Amthor & ICE, through a bizarre twist of events, I'm doing a lot of illustrations as well as designing the layout on their next few projects. They're specifically for Rolemaster (with guidelines to convert to other systems) but a new product is coming out specifically for the d20 rules so a lot more people can fall in love with the truly excellent global setting!

Unfortunately, as a lot of these are commercial, they'll not added to my site in their full glory just yet.

...but the majority will in the not too distant future.

In the meantime, here's a close-up of one of the Unnatural20 maps -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunting-grounds-detail.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	297.0 KB 
ID:	18703

Guild Apprentice

Map Some more....

Well here's a couple I did yesterday and awhile back. Hope ya like these too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cityscape2.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	166.1 KB 
ID:	18705  

Oh yes - I do indeed.

Do you draw these simply to pass the time (or keep your ability up) or are you intending to use them for a larger project? I'd love to know more!

Guild Apprentice

First, thanks for all the compliments, they are very much appreciated! Second, I draw most of these to pass the time or doddle them in a meeting or something. I had some better ones but I was cleaning up my messy desk and threw a bunch away....that won't happen again. I think I might enter one of the contests but you guys are quite intimidating with your beautiful rendered maps and I like to keep things more graphic and vector based.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast