Hello,

I am a late 50s systems software design engineer turned CEO (not a rich one). When I grow up I want to try to make my mark in paleocartography.

To that end I have been studying this subject, (BCE longitude determination, aka the Holy Grail) off and on for 30 years, but to date have not encountered anyone with an intersecting knowledge of paleoastronomy, cartography and history who finds the subject worthy of effort or consideration, after all, all that can be know is already known on the subject and it simply was not possible in a BCE timeframe (which I think has a high ostrich factor).

I believe I have (however naive) rediscovered a means of longitude determination consistent with the archeological record, historical records and academic writings on the subject of which I am aware. To be sure in the unlikely event I am correct; I do suspect I have inadvertently rediscovered someone else’s rediscovery. But onward I go until some kind and knowledgeable thinker of time, stars, lat and long, sets me straight, after which I have numerous other windmills to tilt with.

So my introductory question is “am in the right neck of the woods”? And if not, I would most appreciate a heading on which to continue my travels.

Kind Regards,

Greenman