Thread: Fantasy World Creation

Help Fantasy World Creation

Hi all

Im new to the guild and not that skilled in the map making dept. that i admit. i came across this site whilst surfing for maps for my RPG world im tryin to create, i need some thing new and thus also need a map.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. i need the map to be printer friendly (black & white or grays) but would also eventually like a fully rendered map that can be used on the PC. the world i eventually would like to see on a web page for others to use and full credit for the maps will be given to the artist.

I am looking at the following (and the artist can imput on design too)

setting is fantasy

3 continents ( 2 medium to large 1 smallish)

2 island clusters

Plains /steppes area

Forests some small a couple large

A large River system on one continent

A Large Wall that cuts of one Mountainous Peninsula on one continent for a Dwarf Area

this is just to start

Any help would be great , the artists on here do the best work ive seen

Thanks

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If you could provide sample of each style then that would be great. Also an e-mail so that folks can contact you. Once you have 5 postings here you can communicate via private messages (there is a reason for it being 5 but I'm not at liberty to discuss it publicly)

~A~
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I would also suggest looking through the Finished Map & Monthly Challenge Forums. You might find a style of map that 'reaches out and grabs ya', once you have your 5 posts you can then contact the author to see if they are interested.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Thank you both for your Advise.

I have been through the Finished thumbs again and selected a couple from there to show what im looking for .

As I said I have no idea about map making I have only cut and pasted in Paint and excel before. But I am getting more into this. I have no idea on how long it takes to render a map but I would think a lot of man hours go into these maps.

I am favoring the Topographical look of the maps I think they suit what I need best. I am also liking the lighter colors. If I go with lighter colors then there won’t be a need for the black & white or grayscale we can just focus on the one Pic.

Below are a couple of links to what im looking at. Again I am willing to suggestions. Different styles but will work

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...9&d=1210157709

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...9&d=1224982795

This One captures the feel. As my world is heavy Realm/ Kingdom based the border shading works Excellent.

http://www.cartographersguild.com/at...1&d=1243991199

P.S – Steel General your city maps on your RPG world are sweet

I can be contacted on
    fade_till_black@hotmail.com

Thanks again. I look forward to hearing from an artist.