Thread: Arena

Wip Arena

Long time reader first time poster. Just wanted to post a current WIP i have been working on. It is a very small piece of a much larger city i am doing. This is the ground floor mostly complete structurally Arena. this will be the starting location for my next campaign. The PC's will start off as slaves/prisoners of the arena fighting till there death or escape?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stadium-small.gif 
Views:	318 
Size:	909.9 KB 
ID:	18733

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

Cool, I think its pretty cool so far and would be a good city if it were all like this. Welcome BTW. Where do you hail from then ?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Looks good so far, where do the spectators sit?
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

The spectators will sit on the second floor of the map above the holding cell area. there will also be a section on the south end were entrance stairs will go up to the second level were seating will be I have not added them in but they will be on the first layer posted above. I am also planning an Underground level with more holding cells. That is were the 4 ramps will lead to.

Guild Journeyer

Looks like a really good start. I can not wait to see the rest. I was thinking of building an arena but I think I will just "borrow" yours.

Wip Update

I have finished The ground floor. and i have mostly finished the uper level. Just need to add the Nobles Box. I am not sure if i am happy with the seating expand selection wasnt working the way i wanted it to in photoshop. the originala file is also pretty large as i am creating it for print at 100ppi.

Name:	stadium-s-1.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	541.0 KB 
ID:	18748

Name:	stadium-s-2.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	622.6 KB 
ID:	18749

Spectators' exits?
    Mapping a Traveller ATU.

See my (fantasy-based) apprenticeship blog at:

http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...forums&sx=1024

Look for Chit Chat, Sandmann's blog. Enjoy.

Spectators will go on there own layer last as a decoration i don't expect to add them any time soon. I am however considering changing up the floor plan a bit as i am not happy with the one entrance to the seating areas. I am using this project to learn some more advanced photoshop techniques. I am curious on how some of you guys handle laying out walls for buildings. does anyone have a fast easy to edit way of doing so? Currently i am just using a layer style over a transparent/black layer for walls but i find this a little cumbersome when making changes.
    Last edited by vaca; 11-19-2009 at 12:15 PM.