Thread: The Kingdom Of Adelot players map

Post The Kingdom Of Adelot players map

As I mentioned in my other posts, I've been drawing quite a bit preparing for a game I'll be running over the holidays. This particular map is for the players so that they can orient themselves in the region. I'm particularly pleased with how this came out since it was sketched by freehand on a normal piece of copy paper while looking at a larger 17"X22" map. I was going for an "old-style" map where the accuracy of the map is poor enough so that a scale is impossible to determine precisely. I'm also working on another map that is zoomed-in on the specific area they will be playing in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Adelot Player Map.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	224.4 KB 
ID:	18746  
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

Guild Journeyer

I like it, but the lack of color variety makes it a bit difficult to read.
    “Maps encourage boldness. They're like cryptic love letters. They make anything seem possible.”
    -Mark Jenkins

I think it looks fantastic! Have some rep. .
    Is there more of the world? If yes, i'd like to see that as well...
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Quote Originally Posted by wormspeaker View Post
    I like it, but the lack of color variety makes it a bit difficult to read.
    I absolutely agree, though what makes this map particularly difficult to read isn't so much it's lack of color (though adding color would definitely clarify it immensely), but the lack of differing pen sizes. If I had drawn it on better paper with my full range of pens, it would be much clearer, though I have to agree it would never be as clear as a full-color map; black and white never is.

I rarely draw in full color, and lately I've been focusing on black and white because a company I'm planning on applying as an artist wants black and white artwork, no color or grayscale.
    Check out my works and download free samples at https://www.patreon.com/ierdesign

"Good teachers love inquisitive students."
    "Great societies demand quality conversation."
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it, we go nowhere."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

good job!

would give you rep, but I already have :p