Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Use of attached work?

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I have updated the footer copyright notice to reflect the websites general policy on use of posted content. Thats really all the protection that I can offer.
    Thats great. (I'm not trying to be a pest by asking this in the first place, I was just curious, as I tend to be a re-user of art work if allowed).

I'm not sure if the forum software supports it, but over at Deviant Art and Flickr you can select the type of license when uploading images. somethings like that might be good, especially if the default could be stored in your profile.

Thanks for looking into this
    -Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

In the meantime perhaps a sticky thread in which people can post exceptions to the sites overall copyright notice? That would allow for a one-stop shop for people to check if a user is happy to allow all their stuff to be used for personal use, for example.

For the record, if anyone ever wants to use my stuff for their own personal use, they are more than welcome. If they have time to send me a message saying whether it was useful, that's even better

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to just put copyright permission in your sig? That way people would have maximum flexibility.
    I think this is the best bet right here...if you're concerned, put it in your sig.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12