Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CC3 patch includes anti-aliasing. Does it work?

One of the options we were considering, but did not get time to implement is to set the pixel width of zero width lines.

We hope to implement effects options as a percentage of the map size as an option, which would overcome some of the issues Joe mentions.

The reason we put in the true image size is because the CC3 export resolution is limited by your system, to be precise it's limited by Windows GDI. It's almost impossible to tell on a given system what that limit will be; it depends on graphics drivers in the main. My very old XP system does 6000x5000. Anti-aliasing requires large image sizes to be effective - 35% is about the minimum useful and noticeable value. So, once you know what your system can handle you can create an anti-aliased setting which can throw what you can handle at it.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

Thanks Simon. As anti-aliasing stands now, it certainly a great first offering. Glad to hear that tweaks and improvements are being considered as well.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

I'll check it out. I haven't played with CC3 much in the last two months as I have bought a new laptop, and run Windows Vista which means I see a lot of Crashes in CC3, and cannot export to PNG (crashes every time ) Waiting on my Windows 7 disk to show up and hope that will salve my CC3 issues.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    I'll check it out. I haven't played with CC3 much in the last two months as I have bought a new laptop, and run Windows Vista which means I see a lot of Crashes in CC3, and cannot export to PNG (crashes every time ) Waiting on my Windows 7 disk to show up and hope that will salve my CC3 issues.
    The good news is, this patch is supposed to fix that (and many other) issue for Vista users.
    jaerdaph
    JUST ADD HEROES An ICONS Superpowered Roleplaying Game Blog by Joe "jaerdaph" Bardales

Quote Originally Posted by jaerdaph View Post
    The good news is, this patch is supposed to fix that (and many other) issue for Vista users.
    Hmmmm....that IS Good News!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

The patch is now available from the registered users' area.
    ProFantasy Software Ltd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12