Thread: [Region 1][Map 27] Anuroch

Post [Region 1][Map 27] Anuroch

I think this is the last square in the Ansium region, so now every single tile has at least some work done on it.

As for the area itself, it's a fairly straight forward place. There are dwarves to the north in Grelda, and a lot of nothing to the west in the Endless Steppe until you get to Qashya Mal.

The Stormwind Mountains are aptly named, as the region is known to terribly windy at times.

Anuroch is mostly human, with the other common races scattered about. The second most common would be dwarves due to the population of Grelda. The land is particularly lush and well suited for farming, so anyone mapping a town in Anuroch should take that into consideration.

The only overlying danger here, other than your typical fantasy dangers, is the threat of the Mouth of Fire, a volcano nested in the southwest region of the Stormwind Mountains. Should it erupt, the folks in the Crystal Valley are toast. Literally.

I still need to name the rivers, so the map isn't completely finished yet--but it's probably as close as it'll get for a while.

-IG
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Area 27.v2.png 
Views:	286 
Size:	2.58 MB 
ID:	18811  
    Last edited by industrygothica; 11-20-2009 at 11:40 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool Beans!!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Super map IG. Well done and yes its the last tile so we have a fully patched up CWBP now which is very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Super map IG. Well done and yes its the last tile so we have a fully patched up CWBP now which is very cool.
    Thanks. I'm not sure where we go from here now, with all the tiles being full. Maybe we can get a CL to make an announcement somewhere and hype up the city mapping opportunities? Just a thought. There are a lot of new folks around here who'd probably love to do something in the CWBP with a little nudge in this direction.

-IG

I love this map. especially the color scheme..... darn.... whenever i look at alot of maps, i wanna redraw my map!!!!!! Whhhhyyyyy....

Marc
    Visit my site for roleplaying at http://www.rpgrescue.com.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I feel the same way every single day. After a while it all sort of sinks in and your style becomes a big hodgepodge of everyone else's style that has influenced you...and that can be a very good thing.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I'm eye-balling your map for opportunities. Have you put some thought into the relationship between the people of Anuroch and the people of the Steppes? Friendly trade-partners or occasional raiders? Or both? Is Argria a trading town with a colorful cultural mingling or a grim fortress town, standing between Anuroch and the barbarians of the western plains?
    M

[edit]Oh, and, beautiful map. Repped.[/edit]

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    I'm eye-balling your map for opportunities. Have you put some thought into the relationship between the people of Anuroch and the people of the Steppes? Friendly trade-partners or occasional raiders? Or both? Is Argria a trading town with a colorful cultural mingling or a grim fortress town, standing between Anuroch and the barbarians of the western plains?
    M

[edit]Oh, and, beautiful map. Repped.[/edit]
    To be honest, I haven't given Argria's political position much thought. Your call.

And thanks for the rep. I should decide to "throw together" a map more often.

-IG

You're welcome...it's a nice map! After some more thought, maybe it's a formerly grim fortress town that has become bustling trading town, now that the barbarians have settled down a bit. Lots of opportunity for older fortifications and such, surrounded by colorful yurts and such. The nomads bring their unique arts, fine Qashya stallions, and cooking to barter for dwarven steel...the same steel that ended so many of their numbers during the invasions of yesteryear.

[edit]One of the reasons this idea struck me is that it's 1) on the border, and 2) outside of what looks like good growing land. Be the right place to put up a wall.[/edit]

Just thinking. Maybe I'll make some sketches and decide if I can commit to doing it up.
    M
    Last edited by mearrin69; 12-01-2009 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    You're welcome...it's a nice map! After some more thought, maybe it's a formerly grim fortress town that has become bustling trading town, now that the barbarians have settled down a bit. Lots of opportunity for older fortifications and such, surrounded by colorful yurts and such. The nomads bring their unique arts, fine Qashya stallions, and cooking to barter for dwarven steel...the same steel that ended so many of their numbers during the invasions of yesteryear.

[edit]One of the reasons this idea struck me is that it's 1) on the border, and 2) outside of what looks like good growing land. Be the right place to put up a wall.[/edit]

Just thinking. Maybe I'll make some sketches and decide if I can commit to doing it up.
    M
    Sounds like a good start to me. Can't wait to see what you come up with if you decide to take it on.

-IG