Thread: Finished - The Great Northern Wilderness

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Finished - The Great Northern Wilderness

Ok, I am tired of working on this map, so for now I will call it finished. I will probably revisit it at some time, but I have other regions to map.

The Northern Wilderness is a wild and mysterious land. The wolfman race calls this land their home, but there are parts that even they have not explored. The greatest part of the wolfmen civilization is on the eastern part of the wilderness, where they have formed the heart of their great empire.

The wildest part of the woods is at the center in a region of hills known as the Heart of the Woods. No wolfman has ever entered that realm, or at least, has never returned. It is believed that ancient powers from beyond the beginning of time still dwell there.

In the ancient days there was a vast, inland sea that occupied the center of this land, but in time of the God Wars, the great Frostrim Mountains were broken when a star was called from the sky. When that happened, it opened a path for the sea to reach the northern ocean. Now the area that was once that inland sea is a vast area of woodlands.

At one time a great civilization of the Light Elves occupied the southern slopes of the Frostrim Mountains, but that civilization was destroyed long ago, and now there are some ruins in the area that the Wolfmen deem as sacred.

The land is fairly cool with long, and often harsh winters, and so few men from the south venture here, but those who are brave enough to come, and can survive their encounters with the wolfmen, have the opportunity to find wealth in the ancient ruins scattered throughout the land.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kesumi - Northern Wilderness.jpg 
Views:	495 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	18815