Thread: Maptool (or any other VTT) map objects

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Maptool (or any other VTT) map objects

Now that I am back in Canada, and getting comfortable and ready to do some work again, I've been looking into Maptool for my campaigning needs. Maptool has come a LONG way since I picked it up last, and now with the art packs that come with it, I've been thinking of contributing my own. I've been trying to think up a style that would allow me to create objects fairly quickly, but also allow them to look fairly realistic.

I've attached some examples of what I think will be the general style. I'll be posting some more as I get them done, but I was hoping to be able to put it to a jury when I run into issues with how i might go about a certain aspect or something...

These first drawings were done in Photoshop, but I have since decided that since these objects are very vectoresque that I would like to do away with any size issues, and just make them vector based and therefore scaleable. So now I am in unfirmiliar territory, using Inkscape. I chose inkscape over the more firmiliar Illustrator because I found the processes I've been using much easier to accomplish in it, mainly creating a layer that is set to multiply instead of normal (which i found in illustrator was very confusing)... As I play around with inkscape I am finding I like it more and more, which I know a few of your here would like to hear.

Anyways... I'll post the pics now, as well as a general description of how I go about making them, and open it up for ideas...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wooden_Small_Round.png 
Views:	299 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	18838  
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool