Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why won't my colors convert? (PS)

Blog Entries

Looking at your images with an ICC enabled app makes a big difference. If the same JPG appears differently then its almost certainly that. Try looking at this web page...

http://www.color.org/version4html.xalter

and see what you get. If you get correct image then look at your images with this browser. Or else save the four images from the top pic and open with your image viewer and see what you get.

Windows Image Viewer does a pretty good job of viewing them ok. I would imagine that PS would too. PS being the pro app that it is has more options to save ICC profiles into images. Its likely to have more control and thus more chance that you will get it wrong. On the other hand the feeble apps will not even take into account the ICC then it will show it wrong.

For the record. If your not sure what ICC to use then either a) dont put one it or else b) (and this is more true if sending the pic to an external printer) put in the Adobe sRGB type.

Wow, I learned something new. I opened it with the Windows Picture viewer, and it looks normal. When I use Irfanview (free program) it looks off, and when I look at it in Firefox, it looks off. I will have to figure out how to save it correctly.

Well, I saved it "for web", and saved as JPEG high, and it worked. Here is what it should look like. I hope that what you see isn't bright green land and dark blue water, but it looks right for me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	North-Arafran.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	18877  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Didn't check to see if this was mentioned earlier, but it appears your forest texture is 'tiling'. Might want to look at that.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Ditto on the tiling forest. It looks like you have lines running straight up/down and left/right in them.

But no, the green isn't bright (like the green in the first jpeg you attached). It's a slightly washed-out muted green (nice). It looks very good, IMO, except for that strange forest issue.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Until you pointed it out, I hadn't really noticed the tiling issue. I was so focused on other areas that I wasn't paying attention. Now I will have to fix that!

Have you tried un-checking the ICC-profile checkbox when saving as JPG? Also follow RedRobes advices above regarding when to use a profile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12